01) All three series feature an all-female rock group: Josie and the Pussycats, Jem and the Holograms, and Sailor Moon & The Scouts.
02) The lead singers of Jem and the Holograms and Josie and the Pussycats both have first names that start with J.
03) Both Jerrica and Serena have different identities.
04) Both Jerrica and Serena have love interests (Rio and Darien) who are too thick-headed to realize that both identities are the same girl.
05) Both Jerrica/Jem and Sailor Mars wear red star-shaped earrings. (Jerrica's have 7 points; Raye's have 5.)
06) "Sailor Moon" has an episode titled "So You Want to Be a Superstar", and the first album contains the song, "I Wanna Be a Star!". The "Josie and the Pussycats" movie contains the line, "So you wanna be a rock superstar."
07) "Jem" has a 3-person (1 guy and 2 girls) rock band called the Stingers. "Sailor Moon" has a 3-person (all guys) rock band called the Three Lights.
08) On "Jem", 4 of the Starlight Girls have a band called Ashley and the Starlights. On "Sailor Moon", the Scout identities of the Three Lights are the Sailor Starlights.
09) On the "Josie and the Pussycats" movie soundtrack, the fictional boy band, DuJour, has a song called "DuJour Around the World" which is similar to "Stingers Theme" - with a touch of "It's a Hard, Hard Life".
10) DuJour's song, "Backdoor Lover", is sort of similar to the Stingers' song, "Under My Spell", though the themes are clearly different. ^_^
11) Sailor Moon & The Scouts' song, "I Wanna Be a Star!", is very similar to Ashley and the Starlights' song, "I Can See Me (a Star)" - including the hand-clapping and having her name in lights.
12) Both the "Jem" Season 1 theme song and the "Josie and the Pussycats" movie ending song sing are about how cool the singer(s) is / are: "Jem is truly outrageous" and "Hot, sweet, super cool, dontcha know these kitties rule?". The "Sailor Moon" theme song sings about the main character also - Sailor Moon - but as a hero: "She is the one on whom we can depend."
13) Darien dresses up in a suit, cape, hat, and mask on "Sailor Moon" as Tuxedo Mask. Rio dresses up in a suit, cape, hat, and mask in the "Jem" episode "In Stitches" in the music video, "Time is Runnin' Out". Tuxedo Rio? ^_^
14) Both the "Jem" and "Sailor Moon" series have a song called "She's Got The Power".
Do you have any comments or questions about this similarities page? If so, please e-mail me!